Help us get real action on public housing from the Victorian Government.
Call or email the below MPs to make sure the message is heard loud and clear.
Daniel Andrews | Premier of Victoria | [email protected] | (03) 9651 5000
Richard Wynne | Minister for Housing and Planning | Richard.Wynne@parliament.vic.gov.au | (03) 8683 0964
Tim Pallas | Treasurer | [email protected] | (03) 9651 5201
Call an MP
Introduce yourself and say where you are from.
The main points are:
- On any given night, almost 25,000 Victorians are homeless.
- Right now, almost 58,000 adults and 25,000 kids across the state are on the public housing waiting list.
- The waiting list is growing by 500 applicants a month but your government is only building 1,000 new public housing units by 2022 - this just isn't enough.
- I want your government to commit to creating a long-term plan to build at least 2,000 more public housing properties each year over the next decade.
- I want your government to commit to renewing run-down public housing that has passed its use-by date.
- Victorians cannot wait any longer. They need a government that shows vision and leadership to deliver more public housing for Victorians, so they have a proper housing safety net when they need it.
- What is your position on delivering more public housing than the 1,000 committed to by 2022?
Remember to say thank you and ask that your message is passed on to the MP.
Tell us how it went at [email protected]
Email an MP
Dear <insert name of MP>
I am writing to you because I am concerned about Victoria’s housing crisis.
On any given night, almost 25,000 Victorians are homeless.
And another million are living in housing stress.
Right now, almost 58,000 adults and 25,000 kids across the state are on the public housing waiting list.
And despite this – for decades, successive governments have neglected to build more public housing.
We have the lowest proportion of public housing in all of Australia, and the same amount of public units now as 20 years ago.
I support your government’s commitment to build 1,000 new public housing units by 2022. It’s a good start, but with the waiting list growing by 500 applicants a month a far bigger build is needed.
I’m asking you to:
- Guarantee a pipeline of public housing construction projects equating to a build of over 6,000 new units by 2022;
- Renew run-down properties that are passed their use-by-date, and;
- Include public housing in all new developments
Please let me know what your position is on delivering more public housing than the 1,000 committed to by 2022.
<insert your name>